Post-Katrina (Dec. 2005) Coastal Data
In response to Hurricane Katrina, MARIS has compiled a set of data layers crucial to the response and recovery if another hurricane approaches. The data is separated by county for Harrison, Hancock, and Jackson. The data consists of I- Contours and II - Other Coastal Shapefiles: 20 vector layers and 2 image files. The file names all contain a FIPS code to allow displaying of the entire coast in one map.
- EarthData 2005 Post-Katrina 2 foot Contours:
- Other Coastal Shapefiles:
- Download ArcReader 9.1 and install.
- Download the three counties.
- Unzip each county. Each county should have a Data directory and PMF directory.
- Start ArcReader and open the .pmf files under the PMF directory.
Warning: Each file is approximately 250MB in size
|cem<fips>||Cemetery locations from GNIS|
|chc<fips>||Community Health Centers|
|church<fips>||Church locations from GNIS|
|dams<fips>||High Hazard Dams|
|gasp<fips>||Natural Gas Pipelines|
|<countyname>05||2005 2 m True Color NAIP Imagery|
|hosp<fips>||Acute Care Hospitals|
|natreg<fips>||National Historic Registry Sites|
|oilngas<fips>||Oil and Gas Wells|
|peren<fips>||Perennial Streams (with names)|
|pls<fips>||Public Land Survey System|
|rds<fips>||2005 TIGER Roads with addresses|
|topo<fips>||County Mosaic 1:24,000 topographic map|
|wat<fips>||Lakes, Ponds, Gulf, Islands (with names)|