The MARIS Web page and FTP site is currently being moved to a new server so there may be some interruptions with service. We apologize for inconvenience this may cause.
WELCOME to the Mississippi Automated Resource Information System (MARIS) Technical Center website, providing access to Mississippi's statewide geographic information system (GIS). Through this site we offer you access to a range of resources, including:
- search and retrieval of data descriptions (metadata)
- retrieval of Mississippi data sets
- posting of news related to GIS developments
- announcements of upcoming meetings and events
- mapping of data sets
- access and retrieval to aerial photography covering Mississippi
- Serve as the legislative mechanism within Mississippi state government to provide for the systematic arrangement, availability, and use of digital natural and cultural resource information
- Encourage compatibility of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data distribution within state government.