***Updating the MARIS website***
Change your browser's MARIS bookmark properties from "http" to "https".
MARIS is in the process of updating the web page to the https security protocol. Several issues with the online mapping have arisen because of this and we are in the process of updating ESRI software to accommodate these new security protocols. Also, there may be other issues that we are unaware of that are associated with this change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve the MARIS website.
WELCOME to the Mississippi Automated Resource Information System (MARIS) Technical Center website, providing access to Mississippi's statewide geographic information system (GIS). Through this site we offer you access to a range of resources, including:
- search and retrieval of data descriptions (metadata)
- retrieval of Mississippi data sets
- posting of news related to GIS developments
- announcements of upcoming meetings and events
- mapping of data sets
- access and retrieval to aerial photography covering Mississippi
- Serve as the legislative mechanism within Mississippi state government to provide for the systematic arrangement, availability, and use of digital natural and cultural resource information
- Encourage compatibility of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data distribution within state government.