***Updating the MARIS website***
Change your browser's MARIS bookmark properties from "http" to "https".
MARIS is in the process of updating the web page to the https security protocol. We have addressed several issues with the online mapping and they SHOULD all be working. Let us know of any issues that you encounter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve the MARIS website
WELCOME to the Mississippi Automated Resource Information System (MARIS) Technical Center website, providing access to Mississippi's statewide geographic information system (GIS). Through this site we offer you access to a range of resources, including:
- search and retrieval of data descriptions (metadata)
- retrieval of Mississippi data sets
- posting of news related to GIS developments
- announcements of upcoming meetings and events
- mapping of data sets
- access and retrieval to aerial photography covering Mississippi
- Serve as the legislative mechanism within Mississippi state government to provide for the systematic arrangement, availability, and use of digital natural and cultural resource information
- Encourage compatibility of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data distribution within state government.