MS Digital Terrain Model (DTM) & 5 Foot Contours Project
2006-2007 County Base Data
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) with guidance from the MS Coordinating Council for Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (MCCRSGIS) and funding provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), through a sub-grant from Mississippi State University, developed as a part of the Mississippi Digital Earth Model (MDEM), a statewide digital terrain model and 5 foot contours for all counties except Desoto, Tunica, Pearl River, Stone, Harrison, Hancock, and Jackson.
Data deliverables for this project were derived from existing, 2 ft ground sample distance (GSD) orthophotography collected as part of MDEM by MDEQ in 2006 and 2007. Data deliveries were received from Fugro EarthData, Inc. (FEDI) between September 8, 2009 and March 4, 2010.
QA/QC Report - Data are in State Plane NAD 83 HARN Feet (MS East 2301) projection.
The following is the data structure of the geodatabase: (Click on layer for detailed metadata)
Elevation and Bathymetry
- Contours – 5 foot, Class-2 contours (Contour type and elevation designated) Download Contour shapefiles
- Breaklines – 3-D polylines showing change in the continuity of the surface.
- Mass Points - Elevation points
Trnasportation and Other
- Bridge – 3-D polyline Bridges
- Obscured Area – Polygon areas of diminished elevation accuracy due to vegetation or standing water.
For further information concerning the vector data and other MCCRSGIS projects contact Barbara Yassin at MDEQ - Office of Geology