Mississippi 811, Inc. / MARIS
Data Distribution Agreement
Who is Mississippi 811, Inc.?
Mississippi 811, Inc. is the statewide “call before you dig” center, which establishes a statewide communications link between those who dig underground and those who own and operate underground facilities in Mississippi. Our purpose is to eliminate damages and reduce the chance of injury or death, destruction of public and private property and loss or interruption of services vital to public health and safety. Mississippi 811, Inc. is a not for profit organization funded by member facility/utility owner operators engaged in the communications, Gas Transmission, Gas Distribution, Electric Power, Products/Pipeline, Municipal Gas/Water/Sewer, cable TV, and other industries.
- Places – City limits boundaries
- Highways – County and city highway centerlines
- Points of Interest (POI) – Points and Polygons
- Institutions – Churches, Fire Departments, Post Offices, etc...
- Poi_Polygon – Airports, Parks, Cemeteries, etc...
- Railroads – Railroad centerlines
- Recreation Trails – Recreational trail centerlines
- Streets - County roads and city street centerlines
All layers have been collected using a combination of 1-meter or less aerial imagery or 1 to 5 meter GPS units.
The data will be available for the entire state of Mississippi by county in ESRI shape file format in WGS84 Lat/Long projection. Metadata is contained within the attribute table for each layer. It is Mississippi 811’s goal to update each county at least once yearly. However, there will be times when this will not be possible. Updates will be sent to MARIS as they are completed.
All layers for each county will be zipped with the name scheme <county>Last_Updated.zip along with a disclaimer and MS 811 logo to be used on hard-copy maps.
Data will be available to organizations that will be using the data in house without intent to distribute or sell. Data distribution will be based on a signed agreement. Requests for the data will be submitted to MARIS.
To order MS One Call data:
- Download the Distribution Agreement
- Fill out the form and sign
- Email or Fax to MARIS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (601) 432-6893
- MARIS will send ftp instructions