2012 Mississippi NAIP
(National Agriculture Imagery Program)
USDA-FSA Aerial Photography Field Office
1 Meter, Ortho Rectified 3-Band Compress County Mosaics &
4-Band Digital Ortho Quarter Quads (DOQQ)
The US Department of Agriculture - Farm Services Agency (USDA-FSA) NAIP program is designed to acquire 4-band digital ortho imagery from airbourne and/or space based platforms during the agricultural growing seasons in the U.S. This NAIP product provides 1 meter ground sample distance (GSD) ortho imagery rectified to a horizontal accuracy of within +/- 6 meters to true ground at a 95% confidence level. The tiling format of NAIP imagery is based on a 3.75' x 3.75' quarter quadrangle with a 300 meter buffer on all four sides. NAIP quarter quads are formatted to the UTM coordinate system using NAD83 Zones 15 (west) and 16 (east). NAIP imagery may contain as much as 10% cloud cover per tile. The county files were generated by compressing NAIP quarter quadrangle tiles that cover a county. MrSID compression, with mosaic option, was used. Target values for the compression ratio are 15:1. For further information concerning the NAIP, visit : www.apfo.usda.gov
Note: 4 Band DOQQS are available via special request only. Please contact Steve Walker at email@example.com (Entire state is 653 GB).
Click here for NAIP Image Services...
County-mosaiced Color infrared (CIR), (WSG84 Decimal Degrees)
Map of Photo Dates - Map (.pdf file)
Filenames: (County files ~ 500 MB / Statewide ~ 42 GB)
- <countyname>12.sid - County mosaic image
- <countyname>12.sdw - Mosaic world reference file
- <countyname>12.prj - ESRI projection file
- <countyname>12.aux - Mosaic auxiliary file.
- <countyname>12.sid.xml – FGDC Metadata in .XML format
- Download the county files <countyname>12.zip from the link:
- Order county(ies) by DVD - Maximum 4 counties/DVD. Max 12 Counties via DVD.
Send blank DVDs to address below:
- More than 12 counties or entire state on your external hard drive
- Send your USB drive to:
Steve Walker Suite 717
3825 Ridgewood Rd
Jackson, MS 39211
We will not process the order until the DVD(s) is(are) received.